These are my list of the best tools I’ve come across for Pen-Testing , CTF Challenges and Ethical Hacking resources. Some of these are affiliate links to cover my costs but all have been reviewed and used by me.
- DVWA – A web app with lots of vulnerabilities to learn from. User the docker image.
- pwntools – Collection of python tools for Ethical Hacking and pwning.
- Hyrda – One of the best brute force password for network services.
- Stegcracker – Brute force a stenographic file.
- kali Linux – Linux OS used for enumeration
- BlackArch Linux – Linux OS used for enumeration, review my BlackArch install guide for more information.
Web Site Resources
- Exploit Database – Exploits for Penetration Testers, Researchers, and Ethical Hackers
- GTFOBins – Get privileged permissions from popular binaries.
- Default Credentials – Default logins for many devices.
- app.netlas.io – Great tool to discover vulnerabilities on the web. See my Write-Up
- Stego-Tricks all sorts of useful tips and tricks on Stenography.
- Black Hat Python” target=”_blank” rel=”noreferrer noopener”>Black Hat Python – Another great book to get started with and learn to use your python skills.
- Linux Basics for Hackers – Excellent get started book for Linux.
- CompTIA Security Plus all in one – This is the book i used for the CompTIA Security Plus exam